The School of Business and Social Sciences (SBSS) upholds AIU’s educational objectives grounded in its educational mission that calls for excellence in social business through innovative curriculum and learning experiences. The SBSS programmes develop intellectuals with discipline-specific knowledge combined with practical, real-life social business activities in the field, such as community engagement programmes, surveys, interviews and index mapping of low-income families while conducting business showcases and bootcamps– all of which are underpinned by a strong sense of leadership.
SBSS programmes enhance graduates’ higher-order thinking (HOT) skills while infusing adequate knowledge of business administration. Above all, they uniquely develop graduates’ leadership skills and values based on Adab, Akhlaq, Aqidah, Amanah and Amalan. Thus, graduates become accomplished and act professionally in a globalised world.
To be a centre of excellence in learning social business through an innovative and creative curriculum.
- Providing graduates with quality education through innovative curriculum and research experiences in order to meet the evolving needs of industry, government and society at large.
- Disseminating knowledge through teaching, academic, publication, and presentation.
- Contributing to the academic advancement of business management, development studies and social business.
- Creating knowledge through academic research and smart-partnership of research collaboration.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Marketing) (Hons)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Human Resource Management) (Hons)
- Bachelor of Economics (Honours)
- Bachelor of Social Development (Honours)
- Bachelor of Finance (Islamic Finance) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Honours)
- Master of Science in Business Management
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Social Sciences and Development Economics
- Development of higher order thinking (HOT) skills (INTELLECT)
- Development of discipline-specific KNOWLEDGE and broad understanding of other fields
- Development of LEADERSHIP and VALUES
At the end of all BBA programmes, graduates will exhibit the following capabilities:
- Solve problems and make evidence-based ethical decisions in the field of Business Administration
- Engage in creative and entrepreneurial behaviors to help create, grow and apply knowledge and innovative ideas.
- Carry out professional tasks with quality and integrity.
- Adapt and perform effectively as a team player in a cross-cultural environment.
- Plan for life-long personal growth and performance to participate as an accomplished leader in their chosen field or profession.
- Demonstrate charity, compassion, resourcefulness and leadership in creating opportunities for the community and providing sustainable solutions to problems.
Members of Staff
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Suraya Hanim Mokhtar
Bachelor in Business Administration (Finance) (UPM)
MSc (Finance) (UPM)
Ph.D (Finance) (Lincoln University New Zealand)
Expertise: Microfinance, Social Business and Business Economics.
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Bibi Zarjaan Akhbar Khan
BA in Mass Communication (Broadcasting) (UiTM)
MSc in Human Resources Development (UPM)
PhD in Extension of Education (UPM)
Expertise: Training and Development, Adult Education, Human Resource Management, Human Resource Development, Management, Organisational Behaviour.
Sarina Binti Bachok
Wan Nor Haffiffah binti Wan Hamad
Professor Dato’ Dr. Abd Aziz Bin Tajuddin, FASc, FIPM
Professor, Vice-Chancellor and President
BSc (Hons) (University of Salford)
PhD (University of Surrey)
Expertise: Radiation Physics and Medical Physics
Professor Ir. Dr. Rizalafande Che Ismail
Professor and Deputy Vice Chancellors (Research and Innovation)
Expertise: Electronic Engineering
Professor Dato’ Dr. Mohd. Hafiz Yusoff
Professor and Registrar
Bachelor of Information Technology (UUM)
Expertise: Knowledge Management System, Management Info System, Software Engineering Methods.
Dr. Shahriza Osman
Bachelor of Science (Finance) (University of New Heaven USA)
Post Diploma in TESL (UiTM)
Post Graduate Diploma in Tertiary Teaching (UCSI, Cheras)
Masters of Science (Management) (UUM)
PHD in the Specialisms of The Build Environment (UiTM)
Expertise: Finance, Islamic Finance, Urban Development, Corporate Finance, Waqf and Real Estate.
Azni Bin Abdul Rashid
Diploma in Business Studies (Marketing) (UiTM)
Post-Diploma Teaching Certificate (Mathematics) (IPG Teknik)
Bachelor’s Degree in Management (Hons.) (USM)
Master in Applied Linguistics (UUM)
Expertise: Management, Marketing, Applied Linguistics, Education
Chua Chy Ren
Bachelor’s Degree in Economics (Natural Resources) (UMT)
Master in Economic (Finance) (UKM)
Expertise: Economics, Financial Economics and Natural Economics.
Halawati Binti Abd Jalil Safuan
BSc. in Computer Science and Information Systems (University of Salford, UK)
MSc. in Technology Management (University of East London, UK)
Tel: : +604-7747413
Expertise: Computer Science and Information System, Technology Management, Computer Networking
Noorasyikin Binti Mohd Noh
BBA (Hons.) (UKM)
MSc (Management) (UUM)
Expertise: Entrepreneurship, Consumer Behaviour and Digital Marketing
Dr. Reazul Islam
BA (Hons.) in English Literature (National University, Bangladesh)
MBA (Finance), PhD (Islamic Microfinance) (UM)
Expertise: Microfinance, Islamic Microfinance, Social Business and Poverty Research.
Prof. Dr. Mohd Hazim Shah Abdul Murad
BSC (Hons) (University of Manchester)
MSC (London School of Economics)
PhD (University of Pittsburgh)
Expertise: History and Philosophy of Science
Assoc. Prof. Dato’ Dr. Hajah Nuraini Binti Yusoff
B.A. (Hons) in Pengajian Melayu, Diploma of Education (UM)
M. Ed. In P Linguistics (Bahasa Melayu), PhD in Linguistics (University of Hull)