The School of Business and Social Sciences (SBSS) upholds AIU’s educational objectives grounded in its educational mission that calls for excellence in social business through innovative curriculum and learning experiences. The SBSS programmes develop intellectuals with discipline-specific knowledge combined with practical, real-life social business activities in the field, such as community engagement programmes, surveys, interviews and index mapping of low-income families while conducting business showcases and bootcamps– all of which are underpinned by a strong sense of leadership.
SBSS programmes enhance graduates’ higher-order thinking (HOT) skills while infusing adequate knowledge of business administration. Above all, they uniquely develop graduates’ leadership skills and values based on Adab, Akhlaq, Aqidah, Amanah and Amalan. Thus, graduates become accomplished and act professionally in a globalised world.
To be a centre of excellence in learning social business through an innovative and creative curriculum.
- Providing graduates with quality education through innovative curriculum and research experiences in order to meet the evolving needs of industry, government and society at large.
- Disseminating knowledge through teaching, academic, publication, and presentation.
- Contributing to the academic advancement of business management, development studies and social business.
- Creating knowledge through academic research and smart-partnership of research collaboration.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons) (Marketing)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons) (Human Resource Management)
- Bachelor of Economics (Honours)
- Bachelor of Social Development (Honours)
- Bachelor of Finance (Islamic Finance) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Politics and International Relation
- Master of Science in Business Management
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Social Sciences and Development Economics
- Development of higher order thinking (HOT) skills (INTELLECT)
- Development of discipline-specific KNOWLEDGE and broad understanding of other fields
- Development of LEADERSHIP and VALUES
At the end of all BBA programmes, graduates will exhibit the following capabilities:
- Solve problems and make evidence-based ethical decisions in the field of Business Administration
- Engage in creative and entrepreneurial behaviors to help create, grow and apply knowledge and innovative ideas.
- Carry out professional tasks with quality and integrity.
- Adapt and perform effectively as a team player in a cross-cultural environment.
- Plan for life-long personal growth and performance to participate as an accomplished leader in their chosen field or profession.
- Demonstrate charity, compassion, resourcefulness and leadership in creating opportunities for the community and providing sustainable solutions to problems.
Members of Staff
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Suraya Hanim Mokhtar
Bachelor in Business Administration (Finance) (UPM)
MSc (Finance) (UPM)
Ph.D (Finance) (Lincoln University New Zealand)
Expertise: Microfinance, Social Business and Business Economics.
Sarina Binti Bachok
Wan Nor Haffiffah binti Wan Hamad
Professor Dato’ Dr. Abd Aziz Bin Tajuddin, FASc, FIPM
Professor, Vice-Chancellor and President
BSc (Hons) (University of Salford)
PhD (University of Surrey)
Expertise: Radiation Physics and Medical Physics
Professor Ir. Dr. Rizalafande Che Ismail
Professor and Deputy Vice Chancellor
Expertise: Electronic Engineering
Professor Dato’ Dr. Mohd. Hafiz Yusoff
Professor and Registrar
Bachelor of Information Technology (UUM)
Expertise: Knowledge Management System, Management Info System, Software Engineering Methods.
Prof. Dr. Mohd Shakir Md Saat
Bachelor in Electronic Engineering (Medical Electronic) (UTM)
MEng in Mechatronic and Automatic Control (UTM)
PhD in Electrical and Electronic (University of Auckland)
Tel: +604-774 7322
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Mustaffa Bin Omar
Expertise: Community Development, Population and Development,
Studies on Island and Marginalised Community.
Dr. Shahriza Osman
Senior Lecturer, Head of Programme for Bachelor of Islamic Finance
Bachelor of Science (Finance) (University of New Heaven USA)
Post Diploma in TESL (UiTM)
Post Graduate Diploma in Tertiary Teaching (UCSI, Cheras)
Masters of Science (Management) (UUM)
PHD in the Specialisms of The Build Environment (UiTM)
Expertise: Finance, Islamic Finance, Urban Development, Corporate Finance, Waqf and Real Estate.
Dr Kamalesh Ravesangar
Lecturer, Head of Program for BBA (HRM) & Internship Coordinator
Bachelor in Human Resource Development (UTM)
Masters in Human Resource Management (Limkokwing University)
PhD in Organizational Behavior (USM)
Expertise: Human Resource Management, Human Resource Development, Organizational Behavior and Management
Dr. Hafinas Binti Halid
Lecturer, Head of Programme for Postgraduate (Master & PHD)
Expertise: Business Management, Human Resource Management and Organizational Behaviour.
Azni Bin Abdul Rashid
Lecturer, Head of Programme for BBA (Marketing)
Diploma in Business Studies (Marketing) (UiTM)
Post-Diploma Teaching Certificate (Mathematics) (IPG Teknik)
Bachelor’s Degree in Management (Hons.) (USM)
Master in Applied Linguistics (UUM)
Expertise: Management, Marketing, Applied Linguistics, Education
Chua Chy Ren
Bachelor’s Degree in Economics (Natural Resources) (UMT)
Master in Economic (Finance) (UKM)
Expertise: Economics, Financial Economics and Natural Economics.
Halawati Binti Abd Jalil Safuan
Lecturer, Head of Programme for Bachelor of Computer Science
BSc. in Computer Science and Information Systems (University of Salford, UK)
MSc. in Technology Management (University of East London, UK)
Tel: : +604-7747413
Expertise: Computer Science and Information System, Technology Management, Computer Networking
Noorasyikin Binti Mohd Noh
Lecturer, Head of Programme for Bachelor of Business Administration
BBA (Hons.) (UKM)
MSc (Management) (UUM)
Expertise: Entrepreneurship, Consumer Behaviour and Digital Marketing
Dr. Reazul Islam
BA (Hons.) in English Literature (National University, Bangladesh)
MBA (Finance), PhD (Islamic Microfinance) (UM)
Expertise: Microfinance, Islamic Microfinance, Social Business and Poverty Research.
Expertise: Social Sciences (Anthropology and Sociology), Sociology of Gender, Gender Studies, Cultural Anthropology, Medical Anthropology.