The Centre for Foundation Studies offers a one-year pre-university programme that enriches students with quality education that imparts the cutting-edge knowledge, skills, and attitudes to undertake undergraduate studies in an international learning and
teaching environment. Issues of leadership, social responsibility, scholarship, community involvement, ethical values and professionalism are also incorporated into the Centre’s various courses, as well as their approach and delivery. In addition, the Centre has
established an educational environment where students can broaden their worldview, develop the love for learning, and inculcate the 5As Core Values of Adab, Akhlak, Aqidah, Amanah and Amalan, in line with the Philosophy, Vision and Mission of AIU.
- To provide students with quality education that imparts the necessary knowledge, skills, and attitudes to undertake undergraduate studies in an international teaching/learning environment.
- To provide an educational environment where students can broaden their worldview, develop a love for learning, and appreciate universally accepted moral and ethical values as well as humanitarian ideals in line with the Philosophy, Vision and Mission of AIU.
Programme Outcomes / Learning Outcomes
The Programme Outcomes are to align the achievements resulting from the learning according to the Malaysian Quality Agency [MQA] requirements of the Ministry of Higher Education [MoHE] as follows:
- Students will be able to communicate effectively in English language, using the academic and professional conventions of English appropriately as preparation for university undergraduate studies and employment.
- Students will be able to use current information and communication technology to enhance productivity and effectiveness of own learning and communications.
- Students will be able to acquire and use critical and/or quantitative processes to solve problems, construct solutions and to develop informed opinions.
- Students will be able to acquire, evaluate and use appropriate information needed in reasoning, problem solving and research from multiple sources to respond to a variety of needs.
- Students will be able to appreciate the role of Mathematics as a language for Science and Technology as well as in non-technical applications in fields such as business and social science.
- Students will be able to appreciate universal humanitarian values, ethical interpersonal skills, be tolerant of any cultural and value differences, reacting to differences from an informed, and socially responsible point of view in a professional manner and the attitude of Caring and Giving.
- Students will be able to embrace the concept of independent learning and will be develop the skills to do so in a university environment and for lifelong learning.
- Students will be able to undertake leadership roles and responsibilities, develop entrepreneurial capabilities and interact effectively with others to accomplish shared goals
Members of Staff
Ildefonso Halipa Jr.
Head, Center for Foundation Studies
BS Secondary Education (University of St. La Salle, Philippines)
Intel Teach Master Trainer Certificate (University of the Philippines, Philippines)
MA Mathematics Education (Carlos Hilado Memorial State University, Philippines)
Expertise: Mathematics Education, Educational Technology, Blended Learning
Alia Hanim Zainal Abidin
English Teacher Language Centre/Guest Lecturer CFS
Bachelor of Human Sciences in English Language and Literature (Hons.),
Masters of Human Sciences in English Literary Studies (IIUM)
Expertise: English Language, Literature and Second and Foreign Language Acquisition
Halawati Binti Abd Jalil Safuan
Lecturer SBSS/Guest Lecturer CFS
BSc. in Computer Science and Information Systems (University of Salford)
MSc. in Technology Management (University of East London)
Expertise: Computer Science and Information System, Technology Management
Nidhoil Mohamed Ibrahim
Lecturer SEHS/Guest Lecturer CFS
Certificate in Islamic Education, SYRIA
Bachelor in International Business Management, Asia Pacific University of
Technology & Innovation (APU)
Post Graduate Diploma in Teaching (PGDT), Master of Education(MEd) (OUM)
Tel: +6014-300 6861
Expertise: Education (Islamic Education and Early Childhood) and International Business Management
Nurul Aina Johari
Lecturer SEHS/Guest Lecturer CFS
Bachelor in Administrative Science, Masters in Administration Science (UiTM)
Expertise: Administrative Sciences and Policies Studies