- The Albukhary International University (AIU) aims to be a university of repute in its niche area, which is ‘Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship’ and this objective can be achieved through the establishment of an interdisciplinary research entity, commonly identified as research centre or institute.
- ACE-SEDI is established with the purpose of advancing scholarly activities, primarily through collaborative research, networking and linkages, research training, research dissemination, or other creative endeavours.
- ACE-SEDI will collaborate with AIU-Yunus Social Business Centre (YSBC) to undertake applied research programmes designed to transform communities at the bottom of our wealth pyramid.
ACE-SEDI Niche Area
- Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship for Community Empowerment
Vision & Mission
- Should be well aligned with the goals of the AIU Research Strategic Plan.
- The need for the centre must be demonstrated within the context of a core interest of a group of faculty members.
- In short;
“It need to be; seen, heard, counted doing the right things right.”
Purposes & Objectives
- Promote, facilitate and enhancement of research networking capacity
- Provide education and training in research and related skills
- Contribute to AIU’s strategic educational and research missions
- Effectively manage the resources and research support
- Transfer and mobilize knowledge gained through research
Spin Off Possibilities from the Centre
- Supervision and Postgraduates
- Community Engagement
Yunus Social Business Centre (YSBC)
AIU has established a Yunus Social Business Centre (YSBC), affiliated to the Yunus Centre of Dhaka, Bangladesh to be a conduit for applied research programme in bridging inequality at the very bottom of our wealth pyramid.
SEDI and YSBC will undertake collaborative applied research programme to spearhead AIU into a global referral centre in transforming and empowering communities in bridging inequality.