Careers At AiU
Albukhary International University (AiU) is a fully residential charitable (waqf) university with a beautiful campus set in idyllic Alor Setar in Kedah, Malaysia’s “Rice-Bowl” state. The university boasts some of the most comprehensive and modern facilities, which create a conducive environment for learning, social interactions, cultural and intellectual dialogues, academic activities, educational advancement and personal development. The university’s emphasis on holistic education aims to integrate the highest standards of academic excellence with a strong sense of moral, ethical and humanitarian values.
We are looking for talented, progressive, academically well-qualified, highly-motivated and experienced individuals to apply for the following positions that are currently available.
Dean, School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- To provide academic leadership and strategic vision to enhance the school’s reputation in teaching, learning and research.
- To design, plan and implement the School’s strategic direction and manage its human and financial resources.
- To be part of the University’s leadership team to contribute to the University’s strategy for future growth.
- To coordinate teaching and learning requirements involving students and faculty members.
- A PhD or Professional qualification in relevant field.
- Has had academic leadership experience, especially as Dean or top management of a University.
- A published scholar and has done serious research work.
- Good network of industrial partners and academic institutions
- Experience in dealing with international staff and students
- Has a track record in research and publications
- Familiar with Higher Education Quality Assurance Framework and processes.
Head of Student Affairs
- Facilitate student learning and development opportunities: Community Service and Outreach, Student Activities, Recreation and Athletics, Residential Services, Student Counselling Service and Student Leadership.
- Coordinate with campus constituencies and community leaders in developing and managing co-curricular learning and service opportunities.
- Help establish a student culture where diversity is encouraged and where students learn to respect differences, take responsibility for their actions, and exercise leadership.
- Provide leadership and administer the development, implementation and evaluation of policies and regulations pertaining to student life.
- Serves as a member of the University’s senior management team.
- Master’s degree or Professional qualification in relevant field.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in Student Affairs at a higher learning institution.
- A proactive leader with excellent leadership and managerial skills and capable to supervise and lead a team.
- Able to bring a spirit of enthusiasm and encourage multicultural awareness.
Senior Lecturer/Lecturer (Part –Time)
- Malaysian Studies
- Bahasa Kebangsaan
- To teach and prepare the course outlines, study module and reading/reference materials for the specific courses as advertised.
- Conduct test, examination and marking of examinations and other assessments.
- Contribute to personal development of students by creating conducive learning environment.
- Provide feedback on teaching-learning to the Head of Department.
- Candidate must possess at least a Master’s Degree or PhD in related fields.
- At least 3 years of working experience in teaching in related fields. Minimum 5 years teaching experience for Senior Lecturer position.
- Able to teach both international and local students.
- Able to multi-task and has high interest in working with students.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to commensurate with the qualifications and experience. Interested candidates are invited to submit detailed resume together with a passport-sized photograph (n.r.) no later than 7 December 2012 to:-
HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT
Albukhary International University
Jalan Tun Abdul Razak,
05200 Alor Setar, Kedah Darul Aman,
Tel: 604-774 7300 Fax: 604-774 7330
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.